If you want to know more about your current Panasonic Lumix shutter speed, I will tell you how to check shutter count Panasonic Lumix GX85 and GX80 camera right now. Why check shutter count is very important to us? There is second thing you can do with your shutter count. First, if you want to buy a brand new camera, you should check shutter count of the camera, this is so important because we did not know exactly this a brand new camera or not, we can’t judge by looking at it, but we must know what happen inside the camera.
This is also prevent a seller selling used camera as brand new camera, so we must check the shutter count and other parts too. Second thing is if you want to sell your camera is you have to know your shutter count, probably a buyer would ask to you about the shutter count, you must provide the correct number. If your camera shutter count is with low number, between 5000 – 10000, you can set to the high price, but consider other function is working well too. If your camera shutter count is with high number, between 30.000 t0 50.000, you can’t set it with high price even if you tell to the buyer other function is still works very well.
So, shutter count is very important too if you want to know your camera age. Let’s say, you buy your camera 3 years ago, but your shutter count is still not much, between 5.000 – 10.000, so in this case your camera only old by the time period, not the function.
Now, how to check shutter count Panasonic Lumix GX85 and GX80 camera then? You don’t need other software or even your computer, we only do direct to the camera.
- Put your memory card to the camera slot and powered up the camera.
- Take only one picture with any mode, P or M or A.
- Now turn off the camera after you take one picture.
- Press and hold the Playback button, AF/AE Lock, and Right cursor at the same time and powered up the camera while still hold the button.
- Next you must press and hold AE/AF lock button, Menu/Set button and Left cursor button at the same time. You will see a first information display, we do not need this info.
- Press the same button in step number 5 once again, and you will the see the second information info that contain several information that we need.
- Where is the shutter count? Below I will tell you which one is the correct information to show shutter count info.
PWRCNT: this info will tell you how many time your camera is turned on.
SHTCNT: this info what we looking for, this is the actual info about your shutter count, now you already now how much is your current camera shutter count.
STBCNT: this info will tell you how many time built in flash fired up.
PSVCNT: this info will tell you how many times camera was turn off by automatic
So, that’s it the info how to check shutter count Panasonic Lumix GX85 and GX80 camera.